Jackson Hole Airport will be closed from April 11 to June 28, 2022, for runway construction. This is a great time to fly or drive in from other areas, exploring new sites! Here are our top routes for your springtime travels to Jackson Hole—
1. Fly into Idaho Falls Regional Airport || Idaho Falls, ID
Rent a car and get ready for a quick road trip! The most direct route to Jackson is via the Teton Pass route. It’s about 100 miles through Swan Valley, Pine Creek, Victor, and over the beautiful Teton Pass into the town of Wilson, WY, and then a straight shot to Jackson and Teton Village.
Looking for a scenic ride? The Snake River route is our go-to! Travel from Idaho Falls, along around 120 miles, weaving past the Snake River that goes through Palisade Dam, streaming in from Yellowstone National Park. Slow down, crack the windows, and enjoy the unique towns, restaurants, and shopping along the way.
You can take in the views with someone else at the wheel! Shuttles are available from IDA into downtown Jackson. You can make easy reservations here.
2. Soar into Bozeman Airport || Bozeman, MT
This dazzling four-and-a-half-hour drive through West Yellowstone won’t disappoint. Journey past the Rocky Mountain community of Big Sky, Cinnamon Mountain, and the vast Montana valleys hugging the Montana-Wyoming valley. You’ll also venture through the scenic Teton Valley in neighboring Idaho, then head to Jackson Hole.
3. Arrive at Salt Lake City International Airport || Salt Lake City, UT
Treat yourself to a five-hour drive through awe-inspiring canyons! Make the most of your day and stop at Bear Lake and Lava Hot Springs along the way. Grab a growler to-go at Grand Teton Brewing Co. in Victor, Idaho, before traveling into Wilson and Jackson.
4. Fly Privately into Driggs-Reed Municipal Airport || Driggs, ID
A lively one-hour and ten-minute drive awaits you, but we invite you to spend some quality time in Idaho. Rise Coffee House is a local staple in Driggs for brunch, sweet treats, and coffee. Landing later in the day? Enjoy a lunch or dinner at Teton Thai before heading over the pass!
Where to Stay When You Travel to Jackson Hole, Wyoming
Okay, you’ve finally arrived in Jackson Hole and are ready to relax! Outpost has the perfect places to stay, so check out our six featured properties:
- One Town Hill 202: newly-constructed 2-bedroom condo nestled in the Town of Jackson
- Lake Creek Home: private single-family home with tranquil views of all of Jackson Hole
- Shooting Star Lodge 7: amenity-filled rental in the renowned Shooting Star Golf Club
- Holly Drive Homestead: perfect four-season home for families and larger groups
- Grand View 301: stylish 3-bedroom condo boasting fresh renovations and amenities
- Mountain Top Lodge: family lodge with expansive views of Grand Teton views